Use & Care of Crystal Candy Crystal Gems
PLEASE NOTE: The gems are affected by humidity, so please read the following instructions carefully:
- Crystal Gems are ready to use.
- This is a sugar product and as such can be affected by humidity or moisture from your hands, which can cause them to cloud over.
- Further, Crystal Gems are made from a low GI sugar and as such are suitable for diabetics.
- Crystal Gems must be stored in the glass vial container so as not to spoil the clarity.
- Try not to touch them directly with your hands: it is advisable to use tweezers when placing the Crystal Gems onto cakes, biscuits and other foods.
- Place these onto the food at the last minute to avoid exposure to the atmosphere.
- When attaching them to an iced cake use a pin head of melted chocolate or CMC gel (mix CMC with water to form a glue).
- These Crystal Gems are not recommended for use on butter icing or cream due to their high moisture level.
- If the Crystal Gems become cloudy, brushing them lightly with vegetable oil can restore the clarity.